Book by Telephone:
You can now use our 24/7 automated system to book or cancel an appointment with a doctor. No pre-registration is required, but we have to have your phone number recorded on our system.
Kibworth Surgery - Tel: 0116 279 2422
Market Harborough Surgery - Tel: 01858 434523
Fleckney Surgery - Tel: 0116 240 4462
You can book and manage appointments online. This system also gives you access to ordering repeat prescriptions and viewing medical records. To use our online system you have to complete an application form, be aged 16 years or over, and because of the sensitivity of the information that is available, you will need to call personally at one of our surgeries with photo ID in order to obtain a personal login. If you require access for children under the age of 16, please contact us.
Appointments - Information
Our Practice reserves appointments on the day for those patients who are seeking urgent medical care. If you require an urgent appointment please call us.
If you require a routine appointment, we would kindly request that appointments are not requested for on a Monday as this is our busiest day of the week.
Telephone Appointments with a Doctor
If you feel you need only to speak to a doctor rather than attend the surgery, please ask for one of our early afternoon telephone appointments. These work in a similar way to a surgery appointment - you will be given a time when the doctor will call you, so please stay close to your phone at the allotted time. These appointments can be booked in advance. Please be aware that all calls are recorded.
Early morning appointments for commuters
For the convenience of patients who commute a long distance to work we have pre-bookable morning appointments that are released one week in advance.
Appointments for patients with learning disabilities
Longer appointments of 30 minutes for people with learning disabilities can be booked in advance with Lynne Emmingham, our community matron.
Appointment Etiquette & Cancellations
We ask that all patients follow our guidelines on appointment etiquette, as follows:
- Please arrive promptly for your appointment; the receptionist will inform you of any delays.
- Those who arrive late for their appointments are responsible for most waits. We do attempt to see late arrivals but would ask anyone missing their appointment by more than 10 minutes to book another unless unwell.
- Please inform us if you cannot keep an appointment so it can be allocated to another patient. This appointment can then be re-used and help keep our waiting times down.
- If you let us have your mobile phone number, we will send you an immediate confirmation of your appointment and a reminder the day before.
- Our Practice follows a strict policy on patients who do not turn up for their appointments. On the second occasion you fail to turn up for your appointment a ‘warning letter’ will be sent out to you to remind you of our Practice policy. Following this should a third occasion happen the Practice has the right to remove you from our patient list.